SHAME: State Dept skirts Israeli war crimes as massacre in Palestine continues
At last Thursday’s press briefing, State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller continued to skirt around the ever-expanding body of evidence that Israel is committing war crimes in Palestine – a campaign that Israeli historian Raz Segal has called a “textbook case of genocide.”
In the video above, Decensored News deconstructs Miller’s shameful obfuscations, juxtaposing them against the work of human rights organizations like Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, international bodies like the UN, reporting from the Associated Press, and even the State Department’s own past statements.
Sources & Works Cited:
- State Department Press Briefing, US State Department, 26 Oct 2023
- “Gazans Release Names of 6,747 People They Say Were Killed in Israeli Strikes”, The New York Times, 26 Oct 2023.
- “What is Gaza’s Ministry of Health and how does it calculate the war’s death toll?” (cached), Associated Press, 26 Oct 2023.
- “35 colleagues who have been killed in #Gaza since 7 October…”, United Nations Relief and Work Agency, Twitter/X, 23 Oct 2023.
- “Amnesty International Finds “Damning Evidence of War Crimes by Israel in Gaza; Death Toll Tops 6,500”, Democracy Now!, 25 Oct 2023
- “Damning evidence of war crimes as Israeli attacks wipe out entire families in Gaza”, Amnesty International, 20 Oct 2023
- “Secretary Antony J. Blinken Remarks to the Press”, US State Deprtment, 20 Oct 2023.
- “None of This Is Inevitable:” HRW on Civilians in the Crossfire”, Interview with Human Rights Watch Program Director Sari Bashi, Amanpour and Company, 17 Oct 2023
- “Amnesty International says Israel’s evacuation orders may amount to war crimes”, Interview with Amnesty International USA Executive Director Paul O’Brien, ABC News, 26 Oct 2023
- “UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres says ‘clear violations of humanitarian law’ in Gaza”, Euronews, 26 Oct 2023
- “Biden calls Putin a ‘war criminal’ ”, ABC News, 16 March 2022
- “Secretary Antony J. Blinken at a Press Availability”, US State Department, 17 March 2022.
- “Humanitarian Solutions in the Gaza-Israel Crisis: UN Security Council Briefing”, remarks from Lynn Hastings, UN Humanitarian Coordinator for the Occupied Palestinian Territory, United Nations, 24 Oct 2023.
- “Deadliest single day for Gaza since start of Israel conflict – 700 people killed”, Channel 4 News, 24 Oct 2023.
- “Israeli Holocaust Scholar Raz Segal Decries Israel’s Assault on Gaza”, Democracy Now!, 16 Oct 2023.
- “A Textbook Case of Genocide”, Raz Segal, Jewish Currents, 13 Oct 2023.